Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the shack

I urge people to be careful what they read. I know this book is controversial in the Christian community. I felt a quickening to put the book in the trash after reading only a few chapters. This book I believe has good intentions but its underlying messages are scary. A few false messages in the book include-many roads lead to heaven. Its okay to listen to any kind of music as long as it has a good beat. We need to realize that all music we listen to goes to our spirit. We wouldn't eat garbage why should we put garbage in our mind? Music is powerful, we should not dismiss that fact. I also feel that the book touches on being sacrilegious and defaming God's name. Such literature is dangerous because it is so subtle. Remember the song "be careful little eyes what you see".......remember everything we read and do, influences us. We can't let false teachings get into our spirit.

No comments: